Taylor Tomasi Hill hails from Texas (according to what little is available about her on the internet). She was accessories editor at Marie Claire but is now artistic director of e-tailer Moda Operandi. What struck me about Taylor is not only her gorgeous red hair ( – it is an accessory all of its own), but her style is fun and edgy and it looks like she has a lot of fun dressing for the day.
Taylor likes to mix it up, pairing feminine frills with chunky boots and a relaxed attitude.
Layering is her fortè and it is easy to see how well she does it, and being the accessories editor that she is, I love these shots above that prove how adept she is at accessorising her wrist with funky, chunky, (obviously favourite) pieces.
I like her style because one minute she is oozing femininity and the next, she’s rocking a leather jacket, torn denim and killer heels. Every day her look is different, which is what appeals to me because I am exactly the same with my style. My mood definitely influences my daily clothing choices and I too love to mix it up. Colour and texture, scarves and vests make up the essence of her look.
“I’ve been living in my West Village apartment for the past seven years. It’s cozy, but I sometimes feel bad for my husband. My clothing takes up the entire closet and any other spare area in the house. During Fashion Week, our little area that we call the garage in our kitchen, is a makeshift dressing room. The only place I don’t keep clothes or shoes is in the fridge.” – Taylor Tomasi Hill (… oh to have her issue that I had too many clothes!)
What are your five key wardrobe pieces, things you wear constantly?
1. “Burberry trench coats, a great classic staple for fall or spring.”
2. “Madewell destroyed boyfriend jeans, I dress them up with my YSL heels for the office, or down with sneakers for traveling.”
3. “Punkrose leopard print sneakers, my go-to for days when my feet can’t take anything over .5 inches.”
4. “Chanel bag, I just got a large 2.55 after years of lusting after it. This one is the perfect carryall. My other tiny Chanel bags were always exploding with all the stuff I would try to pack in them.”
5. “My Rick Owens leather jacket, I can mix it with anything for an edgier effect. They are so expensive, but I stay on their radar and email list to make sure I’m always there for the sales.”
Taylor’s style is made up of feminine lines with edgy accents, highlighted with rocking boots and wrist bands, and layering – lots and lots of layering people!
I hope we see more of Taylor Tomasi Hill. I am interested to see how her style evolves over the seasons, as most of these shots were taken in the cooler climes of the Northern winter, because I would love to see how she dresses for the warmer weather.
Ciao for now,
Sources: GaranceDorè.com, Streetpeeper.com, Jak&Jil.com/blog, Refinery29.com